Tuesday 7 January 2014

This Life

With the start of the new year I am sure most of you have had it up to here with the “New year, new me,  new beginnings” mantras. Not to mention the New Year resolutions or to do lists as it were. Not that it’s bad to do so but lately I have been thinking a lot about death and how unpredictable it is. I suppose it’s the loss of my brother last year that made it draw much closer to home. He was there today and gone the next and throughout the funeral I felt like I was in some sort of trance. It was a hard pill to swallow.


That said, it was also the realization that I am ill prepared for my own death should it come, or the death of those I love most. I want to be prepared though for my death, to have a close relationship with God, spend quality time with those I love and celebrate their lives should they die or have mine celebrated should I die.  I want to make a difference in this world, fulfill my purpose in this life and do everything that I was meant to do in this life with the time I have. When I forget this during the course of the year, I hope this post will be a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment